An Overview of Elbow Bursitis
You might be suffering from elbow bursitis if:
- You have sharp pain at the tip of your elbow.
- You have lump on the back of your elbow.
- You have loss of range of motion bending and straightening the elbow causes more pain.
- You have warmth, redness and swelling on the elbow.
If any of those statements are true for you or you're suffering from on-going pain in your elbow then you might have an injury called "elbow bursitis" - medically, known as olecranon bursitis.
Many people don't know that elbow bursitis is a very real and painful injury affecting the bursa sac in your elbow. It can happen to anyone who regularly puts stress with repetitive arm movements as part of your job, sports related activities, acute trauma to the elbow and/or aging weakness the tissue around the elbow and the bursa.
Elbow bursitis is one of those injuries that can really bring down the quality of your life. Anyone - young or old - can suffer from this injury, and if you're active this condition will keep you from doing the things you love to do. It will even start interrupting any of your normal daily tasks and make living life harder than it really needs to be.
What is Elbow Bursitis?
The olecranon bursa (just below the skin) is exposed to trauma or injury during falls on the elbow and to infection from scrapes or cuts on the skin covering the joint.
Repeated excessive pressure and/or friction, such as leaning on a table top at work, may cause this bursa to become inflamed producing excessive swelling and elbow pain in this area.
Subtendinous olecranon bursitis is much less common. This type of elbow bursitis results from excessive friction between the triceps tendon and olecranon. This may result, for example, from repeated flexion-extension of the forearm which occurs during certain assembly line jobs, and is one of many repetitive motion type injuries. The pain is most severe during the flexion of the forearm because of pressure exerted on the inflamed subtendinous olecranon bursa by the triceps tendon.
What Causes Elbow (Olecranon) Bursitis?
There are a number of things that can indirectly cause bursitis such as repetitive use or overuse from work or sporting activities, a cut or injury to the elbow, acute injuries, and aging. Over the years your muscles will start to lose their mass and strength, your tissues will lose their elasticity and degenerate, making you more susceptible to injury. Weakened muscles and/or tendons or injuries to your elbow, wrist, forearm or shoulder can instigate bursitis. You are at increased risk of suffering from this condition if your work and/or lifestyle require repetitive use of your elbow.
Trauma to the elbow and olecranon bursa causes inflammation of the elbow bursa, resulting in a widening of the blood vessels. This widening allows proteins and various fluids into the bursae that are not supposed to be there, resulting in swelling. Until these foreign materials leave the bursa or are broken down by the bursa's defense system, the swelling and pain will remain.
Acute trauma to the elbow means a direct blow to the elbow. In such cases, blood may leak into the bursa of the elbow and cause swelling and pain.
Chronic trauma will occur if there is mild trauma to the elbow that occurs repetitively. For instance, a hard elbow rest while driving frequently or straining the elbow frequently while throwing darts.
What are the Symptoms of Elbow Bursitis?
The symptoms of olecranon bursitis are similar to the symptoms of bursitis that occur in other joints of the body; pain, limited range of motion, weakness, difficulties sleeping, swelling and tenderness, and possibly a fever if the bursa is infected.
If you are suffering from olecranon bursitis you will usually be experiencing the following conditions:
Swelling: A lump at the back of the elbow is usually the first sign of elbow bursitis. Once swelling is noticed it is advisable that you begin cold treatments to reduce swelling and inflammation and see your doctor to rule out infectious bursitis.
Redness, Warmth, and Tenderness: If there is a cut or scrape on the elbow near the bursa, bacteria may enter the bursa and cause it to become infected. Signs of septic bursitis include redness, warmth, tenderness, and usually a fever. If you have these symptoms be sure to see a doctor promptly so he/she can prescribe antibiotics.
Although you may experience bursitis without pain, elbow bursitis can cause pain at the tip of the elbow because the bursa pushes on nerve endings around the joint. Pain increases when bending and straightening the elbow or pushing directly on the bursa.
As the bursa swells a visible bump becomes obvious at the tip of the elbow. Inside the elbow, the enlarged bursa decreases the space for the bone joints to move freely during flexion and extension. This limits the range of motion in the elbow and can prevent you from doing daily tasks easily.
Elbow bursitis causes pain at the back of the elbow joint that increases when pressure is placed on the elbow (i.e. leaning on a table). Elbow bursitis is also referred to as olecranon bursitis, dialysis elbow, student's elbow, water on the elbow, swellbow, dart thrower's elbow, lunger's elbow, or miner's elbow.
How Do I Diagnose Elbow Bursitis?
The best way to diagnose this condition is with a quick visit to the your doctor for a physical examination of your elbow. They will inquire about the intensity of your present pain, the duration of your symptoms and the limitations you are experiencing. Details about what instigated the problem, when it started, and whether or not you have ever had treatments for this or a similar condition in the past, are very helpful in assessing your injury.
Are you having trouble using or moving your arm and elbow?
You will generally be asked to complete a series of movements to measure your active (performed by you) and passive (performed by your examiner) range of motion. These movements will test for range of motion, arm/elbow strength, joint stability, and location of tenderness. If you feel sharp pain with both of these motions you may have elbow bursitis and/or other related conditions.
A physical examination will be performed to determine if you have signs of elbow bursitis or a different elbow injury. He/she may visually assess and palpate (feel) the bones and soft tissue in both your elbows to evaluate symmetry to recognize differences. This will identify abnormalities, such as mild or severe inflammation, bone deformities, atrophied muscles, redness and/or warmth on the skin.
Sometimes, one set of symptoms can result in multiple diagnoses. An x-ray or MRI is often needed in order to diagnose if the elbow is out of alignment or the extent of the soft tissue damage. Your doctor will be able to determine if infection is the possible cause of your bursitis and furthermore find out if the bursitis is septic - a potentially very serious condition.
Are You Sure It Is Elbow Bursitis?
Pain, swelling and inflammation in your elbow could mean that you have bursitis. It's also important to consider that there are other conditions that might cause pain and swelling in the elbow as well. Visiting your doctor when you have elbow pain is always recommended, as there are many possible issues that can happen within the arm and elbow. Sometimes, one set of symptoms can result in multiple diagnoses.
Some other similar injuries of the elbow include: infection, crystal deposits in the elbow, and elbow or forearm tendinitis.
- Infection (Septic Bursitis). The closer the bursa is to the surface of the skin, the more likely the chance of infection from specific bacteria that are commonly found on the surface of the skin. This bacterial infection is known as septic bursitis and it is caused by the Staphylococcus Epidermis (or Staphylococcus Aureus) bacteria. Septic Bursitis occurs most commonly in men (85% of all cases occur in men) and you are at higher risk of contracting this if you
- have Diabetes
- have recently experienced trauma
- are undergoing steroid treatments
- have a certain kidney condition
- Crystal Deposits. Some people with diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout or scleroderma may contract bursitis from crystalline deposits in the joints. Although not much is known about how this process happens, it is common knowledge that Uric acid is a normal byproduct of daily metabolism. If your are diagnosed with gout then you are unable to break down this uric acid properly, leading to crystallization of this excess acid which deposits in joints, a painful symptom that can often lead to bursitis.
Elbow / Forearm Tendonitis. There are 2 common tendonitis injuries that usually result in elbow and forearm pain: Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis) and Golfer's Elbow (medial epicondylitis). In both cases pain, swelling and inflammation will be felt around the bony part of the elbow. With tennis elbow, pain will be felt on the outside of the elbow, while pain is felt on the inside of the elbow with golfer's elbow. The tendons attached to the bone at your elbow are connected to muscles in your forearm, which is why these injuries will sometimes cause pain in your forearm. These injuries are usually caused by racket sports, golf and overuse from gardening and repetitive movements of your hand or wrist (ie. using a screwdriver).
Wondering How To Treat Olecranon Bursitis?
We Have Answers that can Help...
The goal of this website is to give people hope that there are medically proven conservative treatments available for elbow bursitis injuries. There is a lot of conflicting information posted on-line and we make it a priority to separate the fact from fiction.
We can give you the information you need to understand how to use temperature therapy (at home) to relieve bursitis pain, recover from soft tissue injuries more quickly and reduce your risk of overcompensation and re-injury. If you want to discuss options with one of our trained AidMyBursa Advisers call our office toll-free at 1-866-237-9608 or Internationally at +1-705-532-1671.
There is no cost or obligation to this service.
We all want to begin healing as quickly as possible and with the right information, it can happen sooner than you think (it has for thousands of others who took the time to contact us).
You can be assured we will do our best to answer assist your with questions or concerns you may have. Living with bursitis and/or tendonitis is never easy and we can help to provide answers about prevention, causes, treatment options, and ways to manage your injury for the short and long term.
All it takes is one call - 1-866-237-9608
Elbow Bursitis Home Remedies
What You Can Do!
Conservative Home Treatment Options to Help
Speed Up Healing of Your Elbow Bursitis
The good news is that most cases of elbow bursitis will heal with simple home conservative treatments and surgery is often not needed
It's generally understood by doctors and surgeons, that surgery will introduce more scar tissue into tendons and ligaments (soft tissue) in your elbow. This added scar tissue will be problematic, requiring physical therapy and conservative treatment options post-surgery. When it comes to elbow bursitis there's only a few surgical options for treatment - removal of the bursa sac, scraping of the bone(s) to allow more room for the new bursa to grow back. This is why surgery is only performed as a last resort for chronic elbow bursitis that won't heal with conservative treatment methods.
Some conservative treatment methods recommended include:
- Rest - This is important for initial healing because without proper rest you're at risk for increased pain and inflammation. If you are not pro-active with resting your elbow, your condition will probably worsen and turn from an acute injury into a chronic one.
- Avoid Activities that Caused Your Elbow Bursitis - While resting your elbow it's also important to avoid all activities that may have caused or exacerbated the problem. Continuing forward with these activities will probably increase the severity of the injury.
- Apply a Cold Compress or Ice Pack to Combat Swelling - Immediate cold therapy at the onset of your injury (or during flareups) will help you combat the pain and inflammation of bursitis and tendinitis. Immediate pain relief and reduced inflammation can also relieve some of the pressure that's being placed on your bursa although cold can also shorten tendons, causing more friction on the bursa sac. Generally, use cold when there is swelling but stop if you notice pain levels rising.
- Use an Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® (Deep Tissue Therapy) Once Swelling is Down - After any inflammation and/or swelling has been reduced, use your own blood flow to maximize your rehabilitation, decrease recovery time, and boost overall long-term healing. Deep Tissue Therapy a potent home treatment medical device and can be very helpful in dealing chronic tendon, muscle & bursitis injuries or on-going pain & stiffness from atrophy in the elbow joint.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitative exercise under supervision of a physical therapist or doctor. The intent of this is to provide you with increased range of motion, pain relief and strengthening of the soft tissue surrounding the elbow. Caution: aggressive physical therapy can be harmful, such as aggressive stretching or massage. When dealing with an elbow that has low range of motion, there is greater risk of injury to weak and damaged muscles and tendons of the joint (ie strain, tears, tendinitis, etc).
Stage 1: If the elbow injury is very recent - use a good quality cold pack and Arnica Pain Relief Cream.
Note: If you are suffering from a bursitis and/or tendinitis injury that has been going on for awhile, you may not need much cold treatment as inflammation may be minimal. Anytime you are experiencing significant pain, you may find our Arnica Infusion Pain Relief Cream to be quite helpful.
If you are experiencing pain and swelling in the very early stages of the injury (first 48 to 72 hours), the first step in a conservative treatment protocol would be to focus on reducing the discomfort by applying a quality cold pack to the injured elbow along with a high quality pain relief cream such as our Arnica Infusion Cream.
Not only will you use your cold pack for the first 48 to 72 hours after the injury, but you should also use it during other stages of the healing process. Some examples include...
- after any activity that stresses the elbow in a moderate way. It is wise to quickly apply cold therapy to not only reduce the pain, but to also minimize tissue damage that may have occurred during the prior event.
- If you have a job that requires you to place some demands on your elbow. If that is the case, use cold therapy immediately following work and if the opportunity allows - use it for 15 to 20 minutes during lunch or another break time.
- If you are in a post-operative situation where cold compression would be utilized heavily for at least the first few weeks following the procedure. Similarly, if you are scheduled for upcoming surgery, then your doctor or surgeon might recommend undertaking cold therapy before the surgery.
Having a Cold Compress or Ice Pack available at home to use if and when the need arises is helpful. Many of you already do so.
However, too many people over-focus on cold therapy while ignoring the most critical aspect to healing - nourishing the injured tissues with a healthy supply of blood flow needed to repair and rebuild the injured tissues.
This leads to the most important recommendation...
Stage 2: Focus on Increasing Blood Flow To Injured Soft Tissue - As This is The ONLY Way It Will Heal For the Long-Term
Even though the concept is simple, improving blood flow to injured soft tissue in the shoulder can be difficult. Traditional methods require your joint to move to promote blood flow (exercise), but that same motion that promotes blood flow can at times lead to making your pain and condition worse - exacerbating your bursitis.
- Have you re-injured your elbow by returning to work too quickly?
- How many times in the past have you aggravated your elbow just trying to perform basic tasks around the home?
- Is your debilitated elbow preventing you from work or activities you love to do?
Most people we deal with tell us these scenarios have happened to them many times in the past. Perhaps it has already happened to you.
Promoting blood flow within a muscle or soft tissue injury (such as bursitis) to help the body heal itself is a concept that has been utilized for centuries. This is where the focus has to be if you are seeking long-term improvement.
Oxygen and nutrients, carried within the blood, are critical for the body to heal itself. Without proper blood flow, recovering from an injury or condition will be delayed...sometimes for a very long period of time.
The real challenge is how do you promote blood flow to the elbow without causing further injury? Keep in mind that the elbow is involved in a great majority of physical movements we often take for granted each day.
When people think blood flow beyond exercise, they instantly think "heating pad". Unfortunately, many individuals make the mistake in believing that a simple heating pad or microwavable gel packs will provide the blood flow needed to heal injured soft tissue. Nothing could be further from the truth.
To begin with, heating pads and warmed gel packs work on conduction. The heat they generate has to be forced through multiple layers of skin and fatty tissues. With each layer of skin the heat passes through, there is a corresponding energy loss because that heat is absorbing into each layer it passes through- the skin is an excellent insulator! Your body responds to this heat by increasing the blood flow near your skins surface (not in your injured tissue) to dissipate the heat and it does so quite effectively.
By the time what little heat reaches below the skin, sub-dermal layer and fat layer into the targeted area (the dense, injured tissues), very little energy remains and this does not effectively enhance blood flow. With little blood flow reaching these injured tissues - healing just doesn't happen.
The heating pad may feel comforting when on the body, but that is because the warmth is absorbing into the skin. Moist heat has been believed to be more effective at warming internal tissues versus dry heat, because it is believed that water transfers heat more quickly than through air. Clinical studies do not support that popular belief.
When you are using a heating pad, all that you are really accomplishing is warming of the skin. The unintended consequence is that you draw blood flow AWAY from the targeted tissues (the injured ones deeper in the body) and direct the blood flow to the surface of the body.
Warming the skin will not significantly contribute to healing of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, or any other tissues.
The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® - Heal Your Elbow Bursitis For The Long Term
The best option we came across in our research to accomplish true healing of elbow bursitis (and other soft tissue injuries of the elbow) is the Elbow T•Shellz Wrap®. Use of this FDA registered medical device results in a dramatic increase in blood flow to injured soft tissue located deep within the body - all in a non-invasive manner.
Using a T•Shellz Wrap® will not expose you to the risk of causing further harm to soft tissue like you can when using rigorous exercise. The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® accomplishes the goal of enhanced blood flow without the need for intensive exercise and as such reduces your risk of re-injury.
T•Shellz Wrap® = Accelerated Recovery Power for Elbow Bursitis
The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® is based on the scientifically validated principal of Electromagnetic energy as we discussed previously. This form of treatment is safe and effective as shown in numerous studies which can be referenced through the National Library of Medicine. Professional athletes and those in the medical field have been users of the technology for decades - it really hasn't been until recently that companies like ours introduced the treatment devices to the home user.
The healing energy from the T•Shellz Wrap® does not absorb into the skin - it absorbs directly into the damaged muscle and soft tissue (as a result, you will not feel the same level of heat on the skin versus a heating pad). The longer wavelength provides the electromagnetic energy wrap with the capability of penetrating deep into the body (well over two and a half inches).
EM energy emitted from the T•Shellz Wrap® is absorbed by high protein tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament, cartilage) and is converted into Kinetic energy - much of this energy being released as heat. Overall, EM energy will warm soft tissues, improve blood circulation, and boost metabolism and enzyme activity. In stimulating localized blood flow to damaged soft tissue, you provide needed oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies to regenerate new, healthy collagen. In addition, you will experience a clearing of toxins and excess fluid build up from the injury site. Over the intermediate term, this helps to reduce incidents of swelling as trapped fluids will be whisked away - reducing pressure on blood vessels.
Using the T•Shellz Wrap® is truly a unique experience. Within moments of applying a treatment to your elbow, you can feel the healing sensation due to the increase in blood flow deep within the elbow. During a treatment, and for quite some time after you finish, the treated area will feel relaxed and less painful. It's a very soothing sensation and extremely effective.
Who Should Use the Elbow T•Shellz Wrap®
We recommend the use of a Elbow T•Shellz Wrap®:
- If you have bursitis, tendinitis or any other injured soft tissue in your elbow, then deep tissue heat from the use of a Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® will enhance blood flow (& thereby boost the body's healing response), increase flexibility of soft tissue & increase the length of soft tissue, thus reducing your risk of re-injury while healing at an advanced rate.
- If you are dealing with conditions affecting your range of motion such as tendinosis, tenosynovitis, bursitis, or even arthritis.
- If you have a chronic elbow condition that has lasted for years- this device will help start the rebuilding process and help strengthen the surrounding and supporting tissues. Many of our past clients had suffered for years, then were completely amazed at the results only after a few months of treatments.
- If you are still working with an injured elbow, the T•Shellz Wrap® will help relax injured soft tissue prior to work and after a day at the job.
- If you are still trying to enjoy your favorite activities such as gardening, tennis, golf, etc - use the T•Shellz Wrap® prior to activity to help reduce chances of re-injuring or re-aggravating those targeted tissues.
- If you are suffering from bursitis in your elbow and want to treat the major source of it (secondary damage to the muscle and tendon surrounding the bursa sac). Through overuse or degenerative changes in the elbow, the muscle and tendons surrounding the bursa sacs will tighten and constrict. When they do, they place pressure on the bursa, causing it to become irritated. Applying a soothing and deep penetrating heat energy to the elbow relaxes soft tissue, taking pressure off the bursa.
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your elbow and want to reduce the chance of re-injury while stretching - this is a perfect treatment to use every time before you stretch.
- If you have had stem cell, PRP or prolotherapy treatments and your physician told you to get a radiant energy wrap, then this is exactly what you need.
- If you have injured your elbow and need surgery, then this is exactly what you need after your surgery to help the surgically repaired tissues rebuild for long-term health (once incision wounds have healed & swelling is reduced)
Deep Heat Increases Blood Circulation
Greater Blood Circulation Results in
Faster Healing of Soft Tissue
T•Shellz Wrap® = Deep Heat
T•Shellz Wraps contain a unique Carbon Fiber Energy Pad which is flexible and will shape to conform to your body. This Energy Pad emits a uniform wave of perfectly safe electromagnetic energy over its entire surface. This energy travels deep inside to the soft tissue in your elbow and arm, stimulating blood flow your own body needs to heal your injury. It is the electromagnetic energy that is crucial to the healing process.
Best of all...
The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® is an FDA Registered Medical Device and is suitable for use in therapeutic clinics and FROM HOME. It is completely safe for people and patients to use for themselves.
As mentioned earlier, the use of electromagnetic energy is becoming much more commonplace in North America for everyday people. The technology has been used for decades in the worlds of professional and amateur - a contributing factor as to why athletes seem to recover from injuries so quickly.
Have you ever wondered by an athlete can return to activity after 3 or 4 weeks following a severe elbow injury - while your average person takes much longer to return back to normal? The secret isn't really that much of a secret - it involves consistent treatments (meaning multiple times a day) using a diathermy treatment like the T•Shellz Wrap® to stimulate blood flow to injured soft tissue. Most athletes have the luxury of using in-house therapy facilities many times per day.
How many us can afford the time and money to visit a therapy clinic multiple times a day? Very few indeed. This is how you can gain the same advantage that athletes enjoy in healing their own injuries - by using a device like the Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® two or three times a day on a consistent basis.
Consistent Treatments = Consistent And Long Term Improvement
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
What Else Makes the Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® So Special?
We believe the T•Shellz Wrap® to be one of the most effective treatments to stimulate blood flow to dense, injured tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other similar tissues.
We can promise that you will receive a product that is designed to be safe and does what it is supposed to do...quickly relieve pain and aid in the recovery from tendon, muscle and other soft tissue injuries.
The unit plugs into a standard wall outlet to get its power. The nice thing about the power supply is that the same unit can be used in North America and overseas as well. It has the capability to operate between 110v and 230v.
It has a special signal controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3=High, 2=Medium, 1=Low). The cord is long so you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
Treatments are max 30 minutes in duration and the device can be worn over clothing. This allows you to use the device at work, at home, or really anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
A Recap of the Benefits of the T•Shellz Wrap®..
- Can be used on the forearm, bicep, elbow on either arm.
- Targeted treatment of Tendinosis, Tenosynovitis, Tendinopathy, Tendon Tears, Bursitis, Impingement, Arthritis, etc
- It can be used before exercise to warm up your arm to reduce the risk of injury
- FDA Registered medical device for use in home or clinics - high quality
- Increases flexibility and length of soft tissue (reducing the re-injury factor)
- It soothes pain and whisks away toxins
- Carbon fiber Energy Pad is strong, lightweight, and flexible - contours very easily
- It provides an accelerated healing rate that will save time and money when associated with doctor or physical therapist visits
- it is an outstanding tool for post-surgery rehabilitation, getting you back to work faster
When Should I Use My T•Shellz Wrap® During the Day?
The most common question we receive from individuals prior to purchasing is - how many times a day should I be using my elbow wrap and when should I be using them? While treatment plans will differ for each individual and their specific injury, there are general guidelines that should be adhered to.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack when you are experiencing inflammation (usually after exertion or movement of the injury area).
The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® would then be used:
- Right after rising from bed in the morning (as this is when it is most stiff)
- Prior to going to bed at night (to relax the arm, allowing for better sleep)
- Before you know you will be using your injured joint (going to work, driving, typing, etc).
Stage 3 - In Between Treatments With T•Shellz Wrap®, Apply Our New Fast Acting Pain Relief Cream Called ARNICA INFUSION
Dealing with aches and pains affecting the foot, ankle, leg, knee, hamstring, hip, back, arm, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand? If so, then applying the Arnica Infusion to any of these targeted areas will bring about fast relief from the pain and sore tissues. Simply apply a small amount of cream to the body and moments later, you will experience a soothing and comforting sensation over the area.
Arnica Infusion is specially designed to relieve pain due to sore muscles and joints associated with arthritis, backaches, sprains, strains, and bruises. No matter if you are dealing with an acute injury, chronic pain, or a general "flare-up" - you will experience fast relief from pain and inflammation.
This is a product that many of our current MendMeShop customers asked us to develop. So we focused our time and resources over the past few years and came up, with we believe, will be one of more effective, fast acting, topical pain relief creams on the market.
You are likely familiar with some of the standard topical agents on the market as most of our customers use them. The are mass marketed and even found in most department stores now.
Well, we are here to say that Arnica Infusion goes many steps beyond what they offer.
Made in the USA at an FDA registered manufacturing facility, you can be assured that Arnica Infusion is both safe and effective. We only source top grade ingredients while implementing strict quality control checks during every step of the production process. Expect the same high quality that MendMeShop customers have been accustomed to since we started the company in 2005.
The "Cool Blue" formula is the perfect balance between the smooth application of a cream and the effective absorbing factor of a gel. It is not too thick and not too thin - just the right texture. Best of all, it feels very nice on the skin!
Each application of Arnica Infusion feels so comforting and soothing, we are certain it will become an item you will not want to live without.
Arnica Infusion Ingredients
The Arnica Infusion formula is based on a combination of scientific research and the use of high quality ingredients. The properties within the formula were chosen for their pain relief, anti-inflammatory, and soothing qualities.
The acting ingredients within the formula include ones many of us are familiar with; along with ones that have not received a lot of publicity (only in research circles). Extensive testing resulted in a blending of ingredients that provides the most synergistic of benefits.
The notable ingredients in the Arnica Infusion formula include:
- Arnica - powerful anti-inflammatory, speeds recovery, enhances circulation
- Menthol - provides deep penetrating pain relief with a nice cooling sensation
- Vitamin B6 - promotes normal nerve function
- MSM - supports healthy connective tissues, anti-inflammatory
- Ilex Leaf Extract - increases circulation, skin conditioner
- Vitamin E - anti-inflammatory, enhances circulation, hydrates the skin
- Aloe - anti-inflammatory properties, soothes the skin
- Tea Tree - enhances penetration of ingredients
Extensive quality control procedures during the manufacturing process ensure the ingredients and final product are both safe and effective. We would not stake our reputation on anything but the best.
When Do I Apply the Arnica Infusion?
While At Work
Apply Arnica Infusion at work to help reduce acute discomfort associated with overuse of muscles and joints. No matter if you are in a physical demanding job or work within an office environment, you will be placing stress on different parts of the body and aches and pains will result.
Before Or After Work, Sports, & Activity
If you suffer from a sprained ligament, pulled muscle, strained tendon, or even bruising - apply Arnica Infusion for quick relief of the pain.
Chronic Pain Suffering
Application of Arnica Infusion can be done up to a maximum of 4 times per day on a consistent basis to help bring about relief from various pains and aches.
In-between Treatments With the T•Shellz Wraps
Follow up your T•Shellz and cold therapy treatments with an application of Arnica Infusion. Combine the pain relieving benefits of Arnica Infusion along with the healing benefits of the wraps to make your recovery go much more smoothly.
Do not apply Arnica Infusion within a 2 hour timespan before a T•Shellz Wrap® treatment.
Whether you decide to use the Arnica Infusion in conjunction with the T-Shell and other treatments - or if you decide to use the cream as a stand-alone product - you will not be disappointed with the results. We guarantee it.
A Note On OverCompensation
Since you are reading this, you probably know that serious elbow bursa and tendon injuries do not just disappear. Over time, they usually wreak havoc on your shoulder & wrist due to lack of movement and over-compensation. It will also wreak havoc on your opposite elbow due to overcompensation. Recovery takes a longer time for such chronic (long term) injuries, but proper healing is essential to regain strength and get you back to the activities you enjoy.
The longer your injury endures, the greater the risk of running into serious overcompensation injuries.
To Stop Re-Injury & Reduce the Risk of a More Serious Overcompensation Injury, You Need to Heal Quickly & Completely!
Anyone in need of rapid recovery and complete healing must consider a comprehensive treatment plan that includes an effective means to minimize swelling and inflammation yet also stimulate healing and promote soft tissue elasticity. We have found no better set of tools that can be used at home than this:
What You Definitely Need to Successfully Treat
& Heal Your Olecranon Bursitis at Home:
- A Deep Tissue Therapeutic Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® to increase Blood-flow to the injured elbow (Deep Tissue Therapy Therapy).
- MendMeShop Arnica Pain Cream for temporary relief of pain due to sore muscles and joints.
- An Exercise & Stretching Plan to prevent muscle atrophy and shortened tendons. A proper plan will increase elasticity and strengthen the muscles of the wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm and shoulder of the injured arm.
Conservative treatment tools just like these have been used successfully by thousands of bursitis and tendinitis injury sufferers - just like you.
Our Devices Are Not Only Used To Help Heal Active Injuries - They Can Also Be Used Post-Operative to Accelerate Healing
Doctors and Surgeons are always improving the techniques used in surgery, and results from surgery now are much more positive than they were in the past. However, all surgeries introduce scar tissue, and recovery from elbow surgery can be less than ideal and take longer than anticipated.
If you do wind up getting surgery, know that rehabilitation at-home while attending regular physical therapy or doctor appointments is vital for your overall recovery.
Consistent exercise and conservative treatment on a daily basis during your rehabilitation while working with your doctor or physical therapist is key. This is why you should seriously consider maximizing your recovery by using the T•Shellz Wrap® at home once you are approved for physical therapy.
The more consistent you work at enhancing blood flow to surgically repaired soft tissue, the more consistent the healing process will be. Nourishing the tissues will more oxygen and nutrients (which are carried through the blood stream) will give the body a better ability to produce new, healthy collagen. In effect, you will help the body produce stronger tissues while potentially reducing the number of setbacks that can occur following surgical procedures.
If you are unsure about whether you need surgery for your bursitis, you may want to read through our "Do I Need Surgery Page, here.
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Deep Heat = Greatly Increased Blood Flow in Your Injured Elbow
We believe the use of T•Shellz Wraps for effective treatment of soft tissue elbow injuries is one of the most under-utilized home treatment options available on the market today. We have thousands of customers that have tried many options out there and have been amazed at how effective and fast the TShellz Wrap treatment can heal soft tissue injuries.
With regular use of the Elbow TShellz Wrap:
- Your pain will be reduced.
- Deep Heat from the wrap will trigger increased blood flow in your elbow. Increased blood flow will accelerated the healing rate of soft tissue.
- Your elbow joint will have a larger range of motion, increased extensibility of collagen tissue, and thus a reduced risk of re-injury. (Chapter 9 of "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition.
(amazon.com link - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin)
The Key Point To Keep in Mind When Treating Your Elbow Injury
Make Sure That Complete Healing is Your #1 Goal
We all know that if the injury was healed, the pain would go away but what about the opposite situation? If the pain is gone, does that mean the injury is better? Unfortunately, this is not always true.
Too many people only focus on suppressing pain symptoms while providing less attention to the true healing aspects of the body. Experiencing less pain, while obviously a good short-term goal, never equates to underlying healing. Scar tissue can remain for months after one gets to a point of being relatively pain-free. However, as long the weak and brittle scar tissue remains, you are susceptible to re-injury or re-aggravation. Certain motions or movements can cause the weaker tissue to easily tear - resulting in some reversal of the recovery up until that point.
This is why we recommend for people to continue with their doctor or therapist recommended exercises and to continue with mild treatments of the T•Shellz Wrap® for a period of time - to better ensure complete healing.
Ongoing treatments to enhance circulation will soothe, relax and promote healing of your damaged elbow bursae, muscles and tendons. Elbow T•Shellz treatments will also allow your soft tissue to extend further due to the deep warming sensation created by the enhanced circulation to the treatment area. The more extensible your tissues are, the less likely they are to strain or sprain.
The Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® is a highly effective therapy tool for people suffering from soft tissue damage in the lower bicep tendon/muscle, forearm tendons/muscles, elbow bursitis or other issues affecting soft tissue in and around the elbow. (muscle tears, spasm, tendon tears, strains, tendonitis, tendinopathy, tendinosis, impingements, pain associated with trigger points, scar tissue, and arthritis).
Our Elbow Bursitis Therapy Formula
is Proven to Work!
It may seem hard to believe, but our Elbow TShellz Wrap home therapy products will assist you in recovering from your elbow bursitis by maximizing blood flow where it's needed most and reducing your swelling and inflammation induced pain.
Here at AidMyBursa we pride ourselves in helping you with your healing and recovery process. Everyone at AidMyBursa has tested and used the products, finding solutions to conditions that do not fit into the norm. This dedication to our customers and our products goes hand-in-hand with our guarantees to you as a customer:
- Guarantee #1 - Use your products diligently for up to 60 days and you will experience a significant reduction in pain. If not, we encourage you to send back the items for a 100% refund.
- Guarantee #2 - You will not be left in the dark after purchasing any product form us. AidMyBursa Advisers and Product Specialists are available Mon - Fri by toll free phone 1.866.237.9608 or email to answer your questions or concerns.
- Guarantee #3 - Your order is guaranteed to be shipped within 24 hours on every business day.
- Guarantee #4 - All purchases receive a one year, full replacement warranty with guaranteed, prompt service.
- Guarantee #5 - You could save hundreds of dollars and possibly more, by utilizing our products, and getting back to work sooner.
Continue the healing process by resting your elbow. Limit the activities that may be aggravate your elbow. Without proper rest and limitation on activities, being active as if your elbow is healthy can lead to re-injury. To get back to doing the things you love you need to give your body proper care and attention.
Prevention and Promotion of Lifelong Health
If you want to avoid re-injury, manage pain and increase circulation for lifelong health benefits, a Cold Compress or Ice Pack and a ElbowT•Shellz Wrap® will provide the results you are looking for.
Why spend time in pain, off from work, and missing out on your active lifestyle when you can be proactive about your injury and the health of your body? Talk to your doctor about incorporating a Elbow T•Shellz Wrap® into your home recovery regimen.
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Product Advisors are available 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday, Tuesday and between 9:00 am and 5:00pm on Wednesday to Friday.
Learn More About Bursitis Injuries & Treatments
I want to learn more about Post-Surgery Recovery
I want to learn more about T•Shellz Wrap® Deep Tissue Therapy
I want to learn more about Ice & Heat: Which Is Better For Treatment?
I want to learn more about Bursitis Treatments
I want to learn more about Bursitis Surgery
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL OUR PRODUCTS
During your recovery, you will probably have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort at the location of your soft tissue injury until the pain and inflammation settle. Always consult your doctor and/or Physical Therapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they are right for you and your condition. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!